Accessing alcohol & other drug services can be challenging for LGBTIQA+ people struggling with addiction, substance dependence or use. Lack of awareness and inclusion can often undermine an AOD provider’s capacity to provide quality, person-centred care and assistance.
LGBTIQ+[Ai] AOD Training provides a fundamental understanding of sex, gender and sexuality and the diversity of lived experience within these evolving concepts.
[See LGBTIQ+[Ai] Foundation Training for more information.]
LGBTIQ+[Ai] AOD Training explores personal, social, environmental and cultural experiences which may influence struggles associated with AOD for LGBTIQA+ people.
- Minority Stress. What is Minority Stress and how this impacts LGBTIQA+ people?
- Stigma & Discrimination in a healthcare setting
- Risk factors, drivers and of problematic AOD use
- Understand the prevalence and origins of alcohol and other drugs in LGBTIQ+ communities.
- Identifying barriers to accessing AOD services for LGBTIQ+ people
- How to improve inclusive practice for AOD providers
Duration: 2 Hours
To enquire about our education and training packages or to schedule a training session, please contact us on 02 6257 2855 or email [email protected]