Organisations are recognising that increasing awareness and inclusion of LGBTIQA+ people and communities can provide healthier outcomes for staff and services users. It is not uncommon for people and organisations to feel like this is new territory. LGBTIQ+[Ai] Foundation Training provides fundamental information to help organisations embrace diversity and to improve their service user experience. If you are just beginning your journey of LGBTIQ+ inclusion or you need a refresher, this is a great place to start.
A Pre-Session Questionnaire is sent to all participants prior to training delivery. This Meridian tool is used to:
- Gauge the number of participants.
- The existing level of LGBTIQA+ awareness in the group.
- How welcoming and inclusive participants believe their organsation to be.
- Provide an opportunity for participants to ask anonymous questions.
This data can guide the structure of the sessions.
Training outcomes include:
- Understand and recognise diversity within the human experience.
- Explore evolving concepts of Sex, Gender and Sexuality.
- Gain confidence in the use of language and terminologies around LGBTIQ people and communities.
- Identify and develop ways to enhance workplace inclusive practice and policy.
The design and delivery of this training is grounded in the experience of dynamic presenters who live and work in the ACT, are part of Canberra LGBTIQA+ communities and have a deep understanding of local issues and local resources. We also draw on evidence-based statistics and research conducted by leading institutions such as La Trobe University and UNSW.
Duration: 2 Hours
To enquire about our education and training packages or to schedule a training session, please contact us on 02 6257 2855 or email [email protected]