Meridian has been providing inclusive support, advocacy, and referral services, in the ACT and region for over 40 years.
During 2020, Meridian provided assistance to many people to navigate My Aged Care and other aged services and support. Based on the success of our service, we have now been funded to continue to provide care finder services to all vulnerable persons in the ACT and South Eastern NSW.
This service is intended for older vulnerable people who require intensive support to access My Aged Care and navigate relevant supports within their community.
The care finder program does not provide direct aged services.
Aged Services Navigators support individuals by:
- Navigating My Aged Care registration and assessment (such as RAS and ACAT assessments)
- Connecting with relevant supports in the community
- Checking in periodically and following-up support if different services are required
We operate the ACT, and in South Eastern NSW (SE NSW) in the local government areas listed below:
- Upper Lachlan
- Yass Valley
- Queanbeyan-Palarang Region
- Bega Valley
- Snowy Monaro Region
and Aged Services Navigators will meet with people face to face, in an environment where the person feels comfortable, such as; in their home, café, park or office.
The care finder program is for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people aged 50 years or older, and non-Indigenous people aged 65 years and older, and people who are especially vulnerable due to the following circumstances, but not limited to:
- not having family, friends, carers or representatives who they are able to receive support from, or
- are hesitant to engage with aged services or other organisations due to negative past experiences
- are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
Connecting with a Navigator:
If you would like to connect to our Aged Services Navigation Team, or want to refer someone, please complete this online referral form, or download and complete a PDF of this form here (you will need to download and save a copy to your computer to complete the form (opening this PDF within your web browser will not display correctly) or contact us via:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (02) 6257 2538