STRIP Clinic makes it easier and more comfortable for LGBTIQ+ community members to look after their sexual health. STRIP Clinic is quick, simple and free to access. STRIP clinic also offers limited booked appointments for prescriptions for starting PrEP.
Friendly and professional nurses and Doctors from the Canberra Sexual Health Centre and Capital Health Network are in attendance and your results are available over the phone or via text message.
Upcoming STRIP Clinic Sessions:
- 19 July
- 16 August
- 20 September
- 18 October
- 15 November
- 13 December
Bookings are required and Consultations will take 20 to 30 minutes. Walk in appointments can be considered if times are available, however you may be asked to leave and come back if available appointment is in more than 5 minutes.
Tests conducted at STRIP clinics are looking for asymptomatic STIs, those that do not always have obvious symptoms, including;
– Hepatitis A, B and C
All tests are voluntary and can be discussed with the nurses. The tests are designed to be as non-invasive as possible, and some samples are self-collected in privacy.
STRIP Clinic is a project of PACT, the Partnership Approach to Comprehensive Testing, running since 2002. PACT is collaboration between the Meridian, Canberra Sexual Health Centre, Capital Health Network, SWOP ACT and Sexual Health and Family Planning ACT as well as the venues that allow the clinics on their premises.
For additional information about sexual health testing available across Canberra, or to book a time during STRIP Clinic please call our office on 02 6257 2855 during business hours.
Gay and bisexual men without symptoms can also access sexual health testing at ‘M Clinic’ at The Canberra Sexual Health Centre, Building 5 of the Canberra Hospital, Palmer Street, Garran. M Clinic is a free clinic available between 4:30pm and 7pm on the first business Monday of every month (excludes public holidays) and bookings can be made by calling Canberra Sexual Health Centre on 02 5124 2184, select option 5 to speak with a nurse about an appointment time.
We also sell HIV Self-Test Kits if you would prefer to take this test at home. Kits cost $25.00 and come with a simple to follow instruction booklet and YouTube video.
If you are a student, receiving financial, disability or other government support, or experiencing short term financial difficulties you can ask about access to our free PrEP voucher program, provided in collaboration with Green Cross Pharmacy.
Contact our office during business phones by phone on 02 6257 2855 to book a time during the next STRIP Clinic, or email [email protected] to find out more.
Due to the evolving COVID-19 situation Meridian have made some changes to how we deliver services to help keep our staff, clients and community safe.
As a result we ask anyone visiting Meridian to phone ahead where possible. If you are feeling unwell, we ask you do not visit the office.
Meridian is following precautions under ACT Government Public Health Emergency Directions to help stop the spread of COVID-19 and to be able to trace infections within the community.
On arrival at Meridian:
- A staff member will greet you at the door and ask if you have been feeling unwell, about any recent travel and if you have had any contact with anyone known to have been exposed to Coronavirus
- Your temperature will be taken using an infrared (non- contact) forehead thermometer. NOTE: If your temperature is above 37.2ºC you will be advised to seek medical advice and unable to enter Meridian’s premises
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands using the automatic dispenser
- A staff member will sign you in at your time of arrival, name and phone number is required (this information is kept confidential), if not on record.
- While in the office, please follow the 1.5m distancing rules and COVID-19 ‘prevent the spread’ posters displayed throughout the office
- On leaving the office you will be asked to sanitise your hands using the automatic dispenser
- Staff member will sign you out at your time of departure
Your co-operation is much appreciated.
Links for further information: