We’re hosting a Volunteer Morning Tea on Saturday the 5th of June at 10am. The morning tea is a casual information session for regular volunteers, casual volunteers and people interested in becoming a volunteer with Meridian.
We're encouraging locals who would like to support the LGBTIQA+ community and the work of Meridian to attend. Becoming a volunteer is a great opportunity to meet new people, take action, make a difference in your community and learn new skills.
We'll be giving an induction presentation for all new volunteers and having Meridian staff talk about the upcoming volunteer opportunities within their teams.
Tea, coffee and snacks will be provided.
Pride Hub, Meridian, Havelock House, 85 Northbourne Avenue, Turner
Saturday, 5th of June at 10am
Volunteer Opportunities (New opportunities are updated as they become available):
- Event Support (SpringOUT Pride Festival, Fair Day 2021- Pride in the Park, Floriade Display at Meridian, Wellbeing Day, Surface Fest Art Festival, Yes Fest, World AIDS Day, etc)
- Peer Education Facilitator
- SoBar - SMART Recovery Facilitator
- STRIP Sexual Health Clinic Outreach
- Stallholder Assistants
- Office Support
- Canberra Gay Community Periodic Survey
Havelock House, 85 Northbourne Avenue, Turner
Canberra, ACT 2612
Google map and directions